My mom came up to visit me for a couple days for Education week. It is when a bunch of BYU teachers teach about different subjects (plan of salvation, second coming, millennium, mommy stuff, classes for youth, etc.) Mom really enjoys going to these types of these so she came up to visit and go to the classes. Before classes started on Wednesday mom wanted to go to Bear World and feed cubs.
Don't get me wrong it was a blast, but it cost a little bit too much. This is Radar that Mom and I are feeding right now. He was my favorite of the baby cubs cause he was the smallest :) and the most gentle I think. After the cubs are born and have been with their mom 6 weeks, workers at the place will take the cubs home
and train them (sit on crates to be fed, don't jump on people, no teeth, etc) and it is amazing that the bears actually learn too. I would so love to train a baby bear, it would be a blast.

Supposedly after bears feed, the do something called "Nooking" it is when the bears suck on each other is a certain way that supposedly helps them digest. It also helps them burp I think. The movie below shows one of the bears "nooking."
Play time for the bears with their rubber ball
After feeding the baby bears we went on a paved trail that we can drive through and look at the different animals that they have. They had goats, and a little baby one that is adorable.
Baby elk that are supposedly white when the are born. I don't know if that is true, but these ones were white.
Bambi, he still has his spots.
Humongous elk with huge antlers and the white one I believe is an albino elk. I think I remember seeing a flyer about them having one.
We only saw 1 grizzly bear, so I don't know if this is the only one they had.
They said that the largest bear that they had was 600 pounds. This is the largest bear that we saw.
When I first saw this I thought that the bear was dead until it started to move some. I think it is hilarious that it is sleeping on its back cooling of in the shade.
We had a fun time, definitely a one time experience but nothing more than that. They like to charge a little bit too much in my opinion. At least they had some sort of summer discount so technically we didn't have to pay full price, which was way nice.


1 comments:
That is so cool you got to feed baby bears! I would love to do that!
Post a Comment