Jared and I decided to go camping this 4 day weekend (Jared didn't have school) so we left for Sheep Falls on Friday. Technically it isn't a campground at all, so we really roughed it and we had to go through some intense 4-wheeling in the truck to get there. We finally made it to Sheep Falls and found a cute little place where we could camp with an already made campfire place. We pitched out tent in a field of these yellow flowers which was really pretty.
That is me at our campground by our tent. You can see our two camping chairs and our grill is somewhere in there as well.

You can't see this really well, we took this picture on Jared's phone (we forgot our camera so this is really the only picture we have).
Once we got out of the car, we were completely swarmed by mosquitos. That was when we realized we forgot bug spray, we were screwed. So we had to go all the way back to the closest town which was about 50 minutes away. Yeah that part sucked. So after we got the bug spray, we went back to our tent and got everything situated. Once again, we were still being swarmed by mosquitos. Then we went to bed. It was freezing cold, even in our sleeping bags that will keep you warm at 25 degrees, and I was still cold. We slept in that day and didn't wake up till about noon, when we finally got up and started making breakfast. As we were making breakfast, that was when everyone started showing up to see the falls, we had 4 wheelers, hikers and even horse back riders coming through our camp. After breakfast, we went and did some fishing, once again, I got totally screwed over by bugs (I hate bugs, especially the ones that fly). As we hiked through the wilderness terrain (lots of brush and long grass) did we finally make it to some place that Jared could fish. I was scratched up everywhere, and mosquitos biting me and ants, the whole sha-bang. I was getting tired and I was starting to just want to head home. We were planning on going to see the Fireworks in Ashton but decided that it would be pointless to go there unless we were heading home anyway. So we packed up the campsite and heading home. It was nice to be home and take a shower, we were totally gross and only after one day of intense camping. We had fun, though it was cut short


2 comments:
Well that picture looks so adorable. Very picturesque (sp?). I wish there were places that nice to go camping in Texas.
Such pretty flowers!!! That stinks about the bugs, we have mosquitos EVERYWHERE here! They are HORRIBLE!!!
Post a Comment