Our Baby

Lilypie Maternity tickers

Thursday, July 15, 2010

Meeting an Apostle

So today I have been officially hired to work at the Rexburg Temple to be their little janitor (restock paper towels, toilet paper, clean mirrors, etc). I went in today with Tiffany, a friend of mine and the girl who is training me so I can take over her position.

As we walked through the doors, the girl holding the door open told us that L. Tom Perry was here at the temple today. I was thinking that was pretty awesome, though I didn't think I would get to see him cause I thought he would be somewhere else in the temple. Well right when we walked in he was right behind the Recommend Desk. How awesome is THAT! He was busy talking with some people who were showing him around the temple, so I didn't want to be rude and bother him, though I did want to ;-) So Tiff and I went back to grab clothes for me to change into and as we were coming out Elder Perry was right there with the Temple Leaders. They pulled us into their circle and introduced Tiff and I to Elder Perry. I got to shake his hand and also his wife. She is a petite woman with dark hair, complete opposite of Elder Perry :-) who is tall and white hair.
It was totally awesome! I hope I get more amazing experiences like this while working at the temple this semester.

3 comments:

Adam and Victoria said...

HOLY COW!!!! that is so awesome!!! I am way way way jealous. That is so exciting that you get to work there.

Jalei & Lane said...

That is awesome! And what a great experience working at the temple will be!

Regina said...

That is so awesome! You will have to keep us posted on all the apostles you meet, I am sure there will be more! Have fun working there, how neat!