Our Baby

Lilypie Maternity tickers

Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Family Reunion 2010

So it has been about 2 years since I have gone to one of my Family Reunions, and I finally had the opportunity to be able to see everyone again, well, most everyone cause many did not come. This year the theme of the Reunion was Family Survival. If a major crisis is to come within the next 10-20 years then we would be able to go to the Family Farm and live off the land there. We created a time capsule were we put survival things (knives, "How to live in the Wilderness" books, D.O., seeds, etc.) and letters to ourselves to what we are today to where we think we will be in 20 years.
Here we are signing all of our names onto the Time Capsule before we put in our letters and survival kits.
Sunday morning we had our famous breakfast at the farm. Since Jared is the newest member of the family, Uncle Bruce and Dad decided to pick on him and have Jared make the entire breakfast, for the most part. I think Jared has fun.
After breakfast we had our mini Sunday church service. Uncle Steve gave the lesson on the meaning of "One" coming from the word "Uni" and how many of the words we use today include "Uni" (Uniform, Unity, commUnity, etc). We had to run into the house in the middle of the lesson thing cause it started to rain. At the end of the lesson, Uncle Wade and Miss Liz renewed their vows in front of everyone. They figured it would be good since none of us were able to make it to their wedding. They have been married for nearly 10 years, time certainly flies by fast. From there we got ready for our hay ride.
Brandi, Meagan, Kalee, Kaleb and Baby Lane getting ready for the Hay Ride.
Along with Camille and Shani.
Also a new member of the family Baby Lane. This was the first time I got to see Baby Lane and can I say adorable.

He looks just like Lauren when she was her age. It was funny, while on the hay ride, Lane kept looking into the wind so he kept making this hilarious faces, trying to keep his eyes open in the wind.
And then there was the famous family marshmallow fight. The one thing everyone waits for at the end of the day.

The men, Jared was everyone's prime target. I wonder who got Uncle Wade right in the eye, it was quite funny.
I was happy that I got this action shot. Austin came up behind Meagan and completely nailed her in the face. This year rather than using flour which is what we usually do, Uncle Wade and Miss Liz put powdered sugar in with the marshmallows.
So I can definitely say that we all got pretty sticky in the end. Thankfully I was one of the cleaner ones of the group, but I got nailed right at the end. I wiped most of it off before the picture.

All in all I think we had a great time. Yes, we were sleep deprived once we finally made it home and crashed for several hours. And need I say, we traveled a ton; flights to and from Dallas, 8 hour trips to and from Arkansas, 4 hour drive from Rexburg to Salt Lake with stopping point in Logan, UT., and however many 30 minute drives it took to go from Grandma's house on the farm to Margarets and back. Yes, we did do a TON of driving, but it was all worth it, I believe.

4 comments:

Jalei & Lane said...

Looks like everyone had a blast! I wish we could have gone! Who knows if we'll ever have time off to make it again. I have great memories from all the reunions I've been to. Who's baby is Lane again? Megan or Lauren? He is so so cute. And I like his name:)

Kashari said...

Lane is Lauren's baby. He looks just like her.

Regina said...

I'm glad you posted these!! I wish I could have gone!! Looks like you all had a blast!

Alyssa said...

YAY! I was hoping you would post this!! I'm so sad we couldn't go. The pictures are great. It looks like it was so much fun! If you're ever down in Salt Lake, CALL ME! Love you!