AND ITS A BOY!!!!!!
I can not believe it! I am super excited, I have always wanted a boy first and it looks like I will be getting my wish. We went to the doctor on Monday and got our Sonogram. I didn't think I would be able to know the sex of our baby until I was 20 weeks, but the nurse asked that if she could see the sex if we wanted to know. And of course, we said YES! We are totally not patient enough to not know. So here is our proof! You gotta say that is definitely man parts.

The really white part in the picture are the bones that are forming. Below is a picture of his little hand. He is so tiny right now, I believe the nurse said he is about 6" long and about 5-6 ounces. His heartbeat was 143 bpm.

And here is our little Easton Michael (this is the name we like best), his little profile. The dark spot in his chest is his heart. We were able to watch the heart pump blood through all 4 chambers, it was totally awesome! The nurse said as of now, everything is looking great. There was fluid in his stomach which meant that he is swallowing (a good sign) and fluid in the bladder which meant that at least one of his kidneys is working (also a good sign).

So a little side note, the night before our appointment, a friend of mine told me to drink a Dr. Pepper (caffeine or sugar) so our little monster would be moving for us. We got there and the nurse doing our sonogram was saying our little monster was moving all over the place. He even did a couple of flips for us, that was fun to watch.
So since finding out I am having a boy, I have been even more excited about this pregnancy. Not that a girl wouldn't be loved any less, I just wanted a boy first. I can't wait to finally meet him in person when he gets here. Jared and I are completely ecstatic.


4 comments:
Congratulations!! That is so exciting!!! Love the name!
I am so excited too!! And you will have plenty of clothes from Ethan : ) Love you!! Hope to see you guys this week!
So exciting! I have a nephew named Easton. I really like that name.
Congrats...boys are so much fun!
Post a Comment