I can not believe it has already been a year, time really has flown by fast. Well our anniversary wasn't as big as many other couples may have, but I can say that we had a complete blast. First we went to the Driving Range and we hit a couple of golf balls. It was only my second time ever to hit at the Driving Range, and I had a blast. Yes, I missed the golf balls all the time, and sometimes I would swing, miss, and end up doing a ballerina twirl from the force of my miss and hit swing :) I had fun, even though I did look like a dork swinging the #3 driver, and definitely wearing the wrong golfing outfit, but that is all I have; but don't worry I am in the market to finding some shorts.
I know it may be hard to see, but my golf clubs, I swear they are from the 19th century or something, they are old. As many of you know, I am the odd ball of the family; I'm the only lefty. Turns out that I am a lefty when it comes to swinging at golf balls too. Well, since golf clubs are expensive to begin with and I am unable to use Jared's golf clubs, we had to search elsewhere to find me my own golf clubs. So one day, Jared decided to stop by DI and magically found my left handed golf clubs. Granted they didn't have a full set, but apparently they had enough for an actual game of golf; a #1 and #3 driver, a couple of irons and a putter. And get this they were only $5 for the whole set. Yes they may be way old fashioned, but Im not complaining too much. This is me, most likely a swing and a miss. And yes, I know I have horrible stance and technique, so don't judge me. I'm new at this. However I was lucky to get a couple of hits that went in between 100 and 150 yards, I was totally proud of myself :)
Sometime suring the middle of our driving golf balls. Some friends of ours from our old ward showed up, so we got to hang out with them as well.
After golfing we stopped back at the apartment so I could change shoes, and so Jared could change shirts. From there we got the buy 1 get on free Jamba juice (which is definitely the best). Then we had lunch at Quizno's. I got the chicken carbonara sub and Jared got the Baja sub. They were so good. From there we went to Idaho Falls and did some shopping. I got some cute, white American Eagle capri's on sale, and a couple of shirts. Jared got another hat on sale for $5 at Aeropastal. From there we went and saw Iron Man 2, which was AMAZING!! Granted the first 45 minutes ticked me off, but it got much better from there. After the movie we got dinner at Red Robin's cause I was definitely craving their Southwest pasta. It those spiral type noodles with a salsa alfredo sauce with tomatoes, olives, grilled onions, and a side of sour cream (weird I know but amazingly good). After dinner we went home and got ready for bed. Jared surprised me with a full body massage, talk about amazing.
All in all, I think it was an amazing 1st year anniversary, and I am so excited for the years to come.


3 comments:
Sounds good to me! You had a packed day. Happy Anniversary!
Fun fun!!!! I love your blog background and I love the golf pictures!!!
Happy Anniversary! Wow, I can't believe it's already been a year.. I like Jared's golf shoes!! I've never golfed either but it sounds like you had fun! I'll have to talk Donnie into it....
Post a Comment