Our Baby

Lilypie Maternity tickers

Wednesday, April 21, 2010

The Month of April

Well this month has been Cr@zY like non-other. The school semester ended, Jake (my brother-in-law) got married, Jared and I, by the grace of God, got the apartment we wanted to move into last minute, fishing and trying to find a job. There is so much to say, so I will talk it slowly and be brief :)
Jake got married April 16th in the Idaho Falls Temple at 12:30 p.m. to his bride, Emily. As of that day the Honsvick family is now complete with every member married. Those three days leading up to the wedding have been crazy and exhausting as well, last minute gifts and decorating. They had a beautiful, simple and elegant wedding.
Jake and Emily as they walked out of the temple together after being sealed for time and all eternity.
Emily's flowers turned out amazing. I helped her pick our the flowers and come up with an arrangement for them back in February. They were beautiful. And her dress was gorgeous as well.
Jared and Jake posing for the camera.
And I couldn't forget about Madison, my little niece, who is so freaking adorable I can't stand it. I hope my kids turn out as cute.
So about our apartment. I don't have picture yet, but don't worry I will try and get them up as soon as I possibly can. So at the end of the semester, one of Jared's friends told him that Main Street Station (the apartments we now live in) has a sign up saying that they are leasing. Main Street Station supposedly never has one of those signs up. So Jared and I jumped on it that next day. This Apartment complex is government subsidized, in other words income based. We can't make more than a certain amount each year in order to qualify. So, due to that fact, we tried to see if we could get in on our last year tax returns cause Jared made way to much this past summer. So we were cutting it really close. We got all the papers in and the manager sent it to the auditor for approval. She called us and told us that we did not get it. Jared asked if there was anything else we can do. We called her the next morning before we decided to renew our lease at Stonebrook to confirm we didn't get the place. She then told us we got it, we were SO freaking happy. She told us what had happened for us to get the apartment. So the manager called the auditor up and told him/her about Jared not getting his internship and jumping straight into year round fast grad to graduate sooner, and some other things I not sure. Well the auditor called his supervisor told him/her, and they completely denied us. Well the auditor didn't think that was a good enough answer, so the auditor called up the President of Syringa Apartments (owner's of Main Street Station) and told her our situation and she gave us the OK. We are totally blessed.
This summer, we are going to be doing a lot of fishing. It is a good thing that Jared likes to fish and its also a good thing that I like to eat fish. We went fishing a couple days ago and we got a great catch.
We compared our fish to a Nature Valley granola bar. We caught 2 16", a 14.5", 12 and 10. We were pretty happy. We have fish and ribeye that night. It was Yummy! So fish is definitely going to be on our menu for the summer :)

1 comments:

Stucki Family said...

Pretty awesome story about getting into Main Street station! Hope you LOVE it!! Good luck with the job hunt and such . Love you and miss you!!