It was a boring Sunday, September 7, 2008 afternoon. I was wearing my high school soccer playoff shirt and bright blue shorts, with my hair thrown up in a wild pony tail. Not much was going on, and school was about to start the next day. I was upstairs in my room chatting on facebook with all my friends that were still back in Texas and wishing I was still there in the nice warm weather. After about an hour of facebook, I decided that it would be a good time to socialize with my new roommates and get to know them a little bit better. As I came downstairs I suddenly realized that there were two boys that I have never met or seen before in my life, Jared and Jake Honsvick. It turned out that they were friends with one of my roommates and had just come over to visit her, little did I know that this was going to be the beginning of my life.
So, Jared, Jake, Ashley, Sarah, Jana and I all sat down in the living room and started talking and getting to know each other. Jared pretty much was focusing all this attention on me and was more into getting to know me than anyone else. He asked me random question, what were my hobbies, my favorite color, what type of computer I had and whether or not I loved the TV show Prison Break. I pretty much freaked when he asked me that because it turns out that I absolutely love that show. After several hours of non-stop questioning, Jared asked me on my very first date with him, country dancing. Not only did he ask me to go with him but he also asked my roommate Jana to come with him as well. I figured that if he was going to ask me AND another girl on the same exact date I was going to get something out of it. I told him that I would only go on the date if he paid. He said, ok and to meet him there at 7. Oh and get this he told me to get his number from my roommate, can you say lame? So that Wednesday came along and we went on our date, then more dates came up as we watched Prison Break together at his place. Weeks went by and things we going great. He asked me over for breakfast on General Conference Sunday, and at that point I knew that there was something about this guy that I needed to figure out. Not to long after, I decided that I should only be friends with him, that I wouldn't allow myself to fall in love with him. Maybe there was someone out there that I was suppose to be with instead, and I didn't want to lead him on. Those next couple of days were tragic, life was not the same without him and I needed to know why that was. Two days later, Thursday, October 16 2008, I got the prompting, my answer, that I was to hold on to him and wait for the next step. I text Jared and told him "Can I meet you somewhere? I have something I need to say that I think you are gonna want to hear." That following Tuesday, I was able to find my answer, thanks to the help on my soon to be brother-in-law Jake and to my Father in Heaven. From that day on, not a single day goes by that Jared and I are not together. I have grown to love him with more love than I ever thought possible. Every night I thank God for bringing me a man who loves me for who I am, a man who is patient, fun, loving, supportive and kind. He may not be perfect, but the one thing I do know is that he is perfect for me, and there is no one else who can or will ever replace him.


1 comments:
Hey look I can make a comment now!!! You two are the cutest couple and we are SO excited for you. It was fun to hear your stories from both points of view. : ) Love ya!
Post a Comment