Our Baby

Lilypie Maternity tickers

Monday, October 25, 2010

Mid-Term Goals

I can't believe that it is already mid-term for the semester. Only 6 weeks left of school and then it is on to bigger and better things, hopefully, if Jared finds a job soon. This has been a good semester so far. I enjoy my classes for the most part, but I love love love my water aerobics and swimming class. I haven't lost any weight (which I am really sad/mad about), but I have saved myself about 20 million heart beats this year. Pretty much is you manage to get your heart beat/pulse down 5 bpm, you save 5 million heart beats per year. I went from 88 bpm down to about mid-high 60's bpm. I am super stoked, and yes I was super out of shape. But I am working on it. Now all I need to do is get Jared to start working out, then we should be good.

My goal by the end of this semester is to lose at least 5 pounds, preferably 10 pounds. On top of my water aerobics and swimming classes, I am going to start hitting the gym and do some weight lifting and running/elliptical as well as some classes. We shall see though. I recently found out that my mother-in-law has lost 25 pounds, which I am totally proud of her. She has been running/walking everyday. She has been my motivator for me to pick up my slack. If she is going to be looking good this Christmas, then so am I, lol!

3 comments:

Stucki Family said...

Come to TX, Brandon will get Jared to the gym again.

: ) And then you and I can get in a good routine too!

Donnie and Laura said...

I follow the weight lifting program in this book and I love it! It's like 6 months of workouts all set up for you and I can definitely tell I've gotten stronger. Just keep a log of your workouts. http://www.amazon.com/New-Rules-Lifting-Women-Goddess/dp/1583332944

Regina said...

Good for you! I used to love the weight lifting class at the gym...before I had an infant and now I am too tired to go!