Well I can definitely say that this semester has been a very interesting semester. This semester I was given the position of a Mother's helper. Pretty much that means that I live in a Family's basement and my rent consists of working 12 hours a week for the mother. We only had to pay a set amount of $80 for the month, which is totally nice. We saved a ton of money with this position. My job consisted of babysitting their 5 year old girl who went to a half day kindergarten from 9:00-11:15 in the morning. On Mondays and Fridays I would stay till 12:30 and do some cleaning around the house. On top of this I had all of my classes: Microbiology and Microbiology lab, Anatomy and Physiology, Economics and a Biology Major lecture class. My classes were pretty hard this semester.
As the semester went on my classes got harder and my Mother's Helper job wasn't getting any easier, pretty much it was going down hill since the beginning. Let me just tell you these people seemed like somewhat normal people when we first met them, but as I got to know them talk about some weird people. All of the children have some type of learning disability, the dad talks with a lisp and the mother favors one child over all the rest. Talk about the youngest girl being deprived of motherly attention, I could see just how deprived she was everyday I was with her. So figuring this out, I pretty much had to be the mother for her. On top of that that house was a complete disaster, a total train wreck. The kitchen is disgusting, absolutely no organization. I hated going to their house everyday. Well, the semester went on and I trudged through with my responsibilities as Mother's Helper. One week before Thanksgiving break, the two parents called me on my cell phone and asked for Jared and I to go upstairs and meet with them (We lived in their basement apartment that is separate from the main house, thank goodness). So Jared and I went upstairs and they told us that they are taking their daughter out of her kindergarten class and putting her into a specialized preschool because she was having a hard time with her ABC's. After that, they asked us to move out of their basement apartment by the end of the semester. Talk about not good timing at all. We gave up our Thanksgiving vacation cause we thought that I would be working, so Thanksgiving break wasn't what it could have been. We had to find an apartment, move out and then move in all within the time they told us and before finals week. Jared and I were not happy at all. So that night, we stayed up till who knows what time talking with out friend Laura Stucki and trying to find an apartment. Luckily we found a couple of possibilities that we went to check out that next day, within a couple of day we found the apartment we want. Yeah it sucks that we now have to pay for rent AND utilities. But we saved all this last semester so I think we should be fine. Jared and I are hoping that this semester will go much more smoothly.


0 comments:
Post a Comment